Tooth Extraction Toluca Lake
When Is Tooth Extraction Necessary?
Teeth are precious. We may often not realize it but it’s true. That is why it’s exceedingly important to take good care of our teeth. This is primarily because of modern unhealthy eating habits and lifestyles.
However, it’s only natural to falter at times and our teeth may get infected, decayed. At times, teeth get damaged due to the course of time owing to regular wear. To add to the problem, poor oral hygiene practices may result in the tooth damaging beyond the point of repair.
This is when our dentist might suggest you to go for a tooth extraction Toluca Lake. This means that the dentist cannot save the decayed tooth at all via any restoration method already tried out. In this case, tooth extraction seems to be the only natural method to relieve you of pain and inflammation.
Other Reasons Why You Need to Get Your Tooth Extracted
There are a few other reasons, besides tooth decay or damage, which may lead to tooth removal. Here’s why:
- You have extra teeth that tend to come in the way of the eruption of permanent teeth.
- For children, the milk teeth may not fall off in time to allow the permanent tooth to erupt. In such cases, the baby teeth may need to be extracted.
- In case your dentist asks you to wear braces for tooth correction, tooth extraction may be required to make room for the teeth that are being moved into place.
- If you need to receive radiation to your head and neck areas, as part of any treatment procedure, you may need to get the teeth blocking the path of radiation extracted.
- Those on treatment for cancer may be taking drugs that might infect their teeth.
- Wisdom teeth, the other name third molars, may be suggested by your dentist of Toluca Lake to be extracted either before or after they erupt. At My Dentist Toluca Lake, our dentist performs wisdom tooth removals also. Wisdom teeth are extracted if they are decayed, infected, or don’t find enough room in the mouth for the eruption.
What to Take Care of After Tooth Extraction Toluca Lake?
Once your Toluca Lake dentist has performed the tooth extraction procedure, they would tell you a few precautionary steps to follow for maximum comfort after the extraction.
- In case of swelling, you may use an ice pack to reduce inflammation.
- Take only soft and cold food for at least a few days after the procedure.
- Rinse your mouth with warm salt water after each meal. This will keep the area clean and prevent food from logging in the gap.
- Avoid smoking, using a straw, or spitting after the tooth extraction at Toluca Lake. This is to prevent pulling the blood clot out of the hole where the tooth had been.
Why Choose Us?
We at My Dentist Toluca Lake have extensive experience in performing tooth extraction surgical procedures. Our dentist and our dental team are highly knowledgeable. They have a professional approach toward handling sensitive dental issues.
Most importantly, we understand that your teeth are highly precious. It is one of immense value to you. Therefore, we’d always try to keep tooth extraction as the last ever resort. We would perform it in case no other restoration method proves successful to save the tooth.
Wish to drop into our dental clinic for a consultation with our team? Please call us on 818-483-9077 to schedule an appointment today.