Dental Implants: Types and Benefits
A dental implant refers to a permanent method of tooth replacement. It is particularly helpful for people who have lost one or more teeth. The reasons could be decay, age, or accident. Besides that, people have the idea that it is better than other tooth-replacement methods like dentures. This is because the latter are at risk of loosening up or coming off. In contrast, implants are permanent and fixed.
If you’ve lost some teeth and looking for affordable dental implants in Toluca Lake, do visit My Dentist Toluca Lake. You can get the best permanent, easy-on-pocket and comfortable dental implant options. These are done under the expertise of our dentists. They’d be happy to guide you through the various choices available in dental implants in our clinic.
However, before you proceed to make a choice, here’s all you need to know about dental implants. Their various types and importance.
What are Dental Implants?
It’s basically a tooth root that the Toluca Lake dentist would place into the jawbone, below the gum line, via a surgical procedure. This enables the dentist to mount the replacement teeth or a bridge into that area.
Dental implants are the latest technological innovation in the field of dentistry for tooth replacement. Before these, bridges and dentures were the only two options available for tooth replacement. Implants brought in a more attractive as well as comfortable solution. You can now get your lost tooth permanently replaced by an implant that looks and feels real.
Types of Dental Implants
There are three types of dental implants; you can generally get at My Dentist Toluca Lake:
- Endosteal Implants – They are the most common type of dental implants that the Toluca Lake dentist performs at their clinic. They generally work for most patients, with the only condition that their jawbone is healthy to withstand the procedure.
- Subperiosteal Implants – A common alternative to Endosteal Implants, they work slightly different than the latter. These implants rest atop the jawbone, instead of being fused into it, though being still beneath the gum line.
- Zygomatic Implants – They aren’t as common as the other two. This is because they’re a bit complex. Your dentist in the Toluca Lake office would generally recommend it only if you don’t have enough jawbone for performing Endosteal.
Benefits of Dental Implants
You can know of the various advantages dental implants have to offer. Some of these are:
- Better appearance: Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth. You don’t need to worry about how you’d look when you smile.
- Better speech: Lost teeth can cause slurred or mumbled speech. Once you do dental implants at the dentist’s office in Toluca Lake you speak clear without your teeth slipping.
- Better comfort: They’re much more comfortable than removable dentures. This is basically because of being permanent.
- Better chewing: Most dentures may make biting and chewing difficult, but not the case with dental implants. They allow you to carry all your routine activities normally as you’d with real teeth.
- Better oral health: They’re best for long-term oral health because unlike bridges, they don’t involve reducing other teeth. This means that the surrounding natural teeth remain untouched in the process to support the implant. This improves oral hygiene.
Dental implants are a better and healthier alternative to both dentures and bridges, their traditional counterparts.
Visit My Dentist Toluca Lake today. Call 818-483-9077 to book an appointment with our expert staff before the visit. They will happily assist you at every step. You can get dental implants done in safe and expert hands.